Mews & Views

Mews & Views -- A blog for cat lovers everywhere with a focus on the low-income pet cats of northern and central New Mexico.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

"He's Not My Cat!"

“He showed up in my yard 3 years ago. I think someone dropped him off and he lives wherever he can. He does not come out in the day, just when it gets dark. I’ve been feeding him. What could I do – he was all alone? But he’s not my cat."

"Last year he got into a fight so we took him to the vet for treatment. He was so pathetic – what can you do? You can’t let him suffer – it isn’t right. But he’s not my cat."

"And today, we took him to the vet again – this time to treat his injured leg. We paid $90 to make him well and the vet told us to call you to get him fixed so he won’t get into any more fights. But he’s not my cat."

"My husband is retired and said we could have the stray cat if we got him fixed. I will continue feeding him and doing whatever he needs. He is a loving cat and a good boy. He really does love us. We can't afford to fix him but I want to keep him -- if you can help me fix him. His name is Morris and I want him to be my cat.”

Why are humans always the last to know? Morris didn’t need an official adoption contract to know he had a home. He knew the first night they put canned tuna out for him. He’s not going anywhere – and with our help – very soon Morris will be fixed. That’s usually when porch cats get to move indoors – with full pet cat privileges.

Don’t you just love a story with a happy ending? Morris does!

No comments:

Post a Comment